Finding a qualified surgeon can be difficult. Some women spend months or even years researching the procedure and talking to plastic surgeons in their area. Here are a few tips for finding the best plastic surgeon for your breast augmentation.
- If you feel comfortable enough, ask your friends and family for names of good plastic surgeons. You may be surprised to find out what people know and who they have visited.
- One of the most important things to do is to check the plastic surgeon’s before & after photos. Before you go in for a consultation, go to the surgeon’s website and examine the photos; there must be at least three views from each patient (front, quarter turn, and profile views), if any of these views are missing then you are in the wrong place.
- Next, look only at the after photos and see if you can tell if the given patient has had a breast augmentation i.e. does it look fake or not? If it looks real then you are in good hands.
- Go see the surgeon and ask questions, which you should have ready before going in. Get a feel for the kind of person he or she is and talk to the office staff.
- Ask to speak with two or three patients who have recently (within 4 to 6 weeks) had the same surgery and see if they will speak to you, and if possible go see them. You want the best results possible, so don’t hesitate to check out the surgeon’s work in person.
- Make sure your surgeon is board certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) (it is not enough to ask if the surgeon is board certified but rather ask if they are board certified by ASPS and not other specialties such as ENT or General surgery or Cosmetic surgery).